I have never reblogged another writer’s material before, as it definitely smacks of plagiarism, but I just thought this was THE BEST memorial to Mickey Rooney and I didn’t even want to try to match it with something of my own.
This post comes from Ashley, The Classic Film Broad. Check out her blog for more awesome material.
- “Mickey Rooney?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He was so young and in his prime. Why God, why?!” – Kathy Shields Collier
- “I guess this means no more Andy Hardy movies?” – I don’t even know
- “Mickey Rooney got all the best babes despite being short as hell. #RIP beautiful man” – Lena Dunham
- “What’s going on? Why did that angel just give me a harp? Where am I?” – @notmickeyrooney
- “I met Mickey Rooney in 2009. Me: You look great! Mickey (growling): Why shouldn’t I? Me: Because you’re 89. Mickey: Oh, right. #RIP” – @willmckinley
- “NATALIE WOOD WOULD BE LIKE 75 IF SHE WERE ALIVE I MEAN PRACTICALLY A TEENAGER” – @hollygolightly
- “Somewhere up in heaven, Ava Gardner turned to Lana Turner and said, ‘Fachrissake, he’s back’.” – @cruellatrix
- “Meanwhile, Olivia’s in Paris drinking holy water or something” – @tishxogomez
- “Mickey totally just showed up in Hell and Bette just yelled, ‘HEY BITCHES, YOUR LOVER IS HERE.’ And Lana and Ava just rolled their eyes.” – @kweencarly
- “MICKEY BEAT SHIRLEY TEMPLE YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS MARGARET O’BRIEN IS PROBABLY THE LAST MGM CHILD STAR IN THE GAME TOOTIE SMITH 4 LIFE” – @darling_liz
*Note: This is in no way intended to disrespect the formidable Mr. Rooney. Bless his heart.”